Cleansing your body can be a great way to reset your system and give yourself the opportunity to start fresh. But sometimes, when we’re cleansing, our bodies can go through some uncomfortable detox symptoms. And as a mom, you don't have time to feel sluggish, have a pounding headache, be stuck in the restroom with digestive issues, or or break out with skin issues. If you’re feeling a little worse for wear during your cleanse, here are 12 simple tips to help support and nurture your body during this time.
1. Drink More Water: Hydration is key when it comes to supporting your body through a cleanse. By drinking plenty of water throughout the day (at least half your bodyweight in ounces), you’ll help flush out toxins while also helping your organs function optimally. And if you’re feeling extra sluggish or bloated, adding some lemon or lime juice, or DiGize essential oil can further aid in digestion and detoxification.
2. Detox Baths: Relaxing in a detox bath is one of the best ways to support your body during a cleanse. Draw yourself a warm bath and add Epsom salts and baking soda to it (you can also add bentonite clay), which will help draw out toxins from the skin. Adding essential oils like lavender or bergamot will help relax the mind while you soak away all of that stress and tension.
3. Eat Fats: Cleansing can sometimes deplete our bodies of essential fatty acids, so it’s important to eat enough fats while on a cleanse. Foods like avocado, coconut oil, olives, nuts and seeds are all great options that contain healthy fats that can help keep us feeling energized and nourished. Flaxseed oil is especially beneficial because it helps reduce inflammation caused by toxic build-up in the body.
4. Sweat: Sweating is another great way to detoxify our bodies as it helps flush out toxins through our pores along with any excess water weight we may have been carrying around. Exercise is an effective way to break into a sweat but if you don’t feel up for intense physical activity then simply take some hot yoga classes or sit in an infrared sauna for 15-20 minutes each day—you’ll still reap the same benefits!
5. Go Outside: A few moments outside in nature every day can do wonders for our moods and overall wellbeing! Sunlight provides us with essential vitamin D which helps boost immunity and regulate hormones, allowing us to feel more balanced internally. Taking some deep breaths of fresh air also helps clear out any stagnant energy building up inside our systems while helping us stay grounded and connected with the earth beneath us.
6. Herbal Teas or Tinctures: One of the best things you can do when going through detox symptoms is sip on herbal teas throughout the day such as dandelion root, ginger, lemon, and peppermint— which help improve digestion and reduce inflammation in the body due to their high antioxidant content. Sipping on herbal teas also gives you something warm and comforting to enjoy during this time of cleansing without having too much caffeine or sugar intake which could potentially work against what you’re trying to accomplish here! Herbal tinctures can also support the bodies detox pathways. This is one of my favorites for supporting the kidneys and bladder.
When going through any sort of cleanse program, it's important that we take good care of ourselves so that we can come out on the other side feeling refreshed, renewed, and ready to tackle whatever life throws at us next! Utilizing these 6 tips will help keep your body supported throughout this process so that you can get back into balance faster than ever before! So don't forget--drinking more water, detox baths, eating healthy fats like flax seed oil, sweating regularly, getting outside for some fresh air and sunshine, as well as sipping herbal teas throughout the day--all these things together should set you up for success no matter what type of cleanse program you're doing now! Good luck! See Part 2 for 6 more tips!
My blogs contain some affiliate links.
Any purchase made is a blessing to my family at no extra cost to you!
Thank you for supporting us!