. . . Continued from Part 1
Cleanses are a great way to reset your body and give it the nutrients it needs to keep you feeling energized and healthy. However, one of the challenges of cleansing is that it can lead to detox symptoms like headaches, nausea, skin breakouts, fatigue, and more. No mom has time for that!! Fortunately, there are simple things you can do to support your body during a cleanse and reduce these uncomfortable symptoms. Read on for 6 more tips to help ease detox symptoms during a cleanse!
7. Exercise Regularly: Exercise is an important part of any good health routine—and during a cleanse it can be especially beneficial for helping move things along in your digestive system. Whether you prefer yoga or strength training, find something that works for you and just get moving! Even just going for a quick walk around the block can make all the difference when it comes to easing detox symptoms during a cleanse.
8. Get Plenty of Rest & Relaxation: Sleep plays an essential role in our overall well-being—and getting 7-8 hours of sleep as well as taking time to relax throughout the day are equally important when it comes to helping us stay healthy and balanced. When you are sleeping is your body's time to heal and repair, including getting rid of toxins. Make sure to carve out some time each day just for yourself so that you can rest and recharge to be ready for whatever comes along.
9. Eat Foods Rich in Fiber & Antioxidants: Eating foods rich in fiber and antioxidants will help keep your body running smoothly while supporting its natural detoxification processes. Try adding leafy greens such as spinach or kale into your diet as well as colorful fruits like berries which are packed with antioxidants that have natural anti-inflammatory properties. They also give you needed fiber to help support your digestion, which in turn aids in elimination of toxins. Here is my favorite antioxidant!
10. Dry Brush: Dry brushing is one of those simple yet powerful techniques that not many people know about yet it packs quite a punch when it comes to supporting our bodies during cleanses! This process involves using an all-natural bristled brush (preferably one made from plant fibers) before showering every morning in order to stimulate lymphatic drainage which supports better circulation throughout the entire body. This process has been known to help reduce overall inflammation as well as tone skin by encouraging new cell growth! It is well worth add these few minutes to your routine! I would encourage using this after your shower for maximum results.
11. Essential Oils: There are many ways to support your body with essential oils. Diffusing is fantastic while you sleep. Topical application is also supportive. There are several that are fantastic taken internally to aid in cleansing and detoxifying your system. These are my favorites. Essential oils can ease symptoms and help flush toxins out.
12. Focus on Positive Affirmations & Self Care: Last but not least, don’t forget about nourishing your mind as well! It’s easy to get overwhelmed by rigid schedules or strict guidelines when doing cleanses; however, focusing on positive affirmations such as “I am strong enough” or “My body knows exactly what it needs” can be incredibly powerful when facing challenging situations like this one. Take regular breaks throughout the day for self-care activities like journaling, meditation, deep breathing, aromatherapy, etc., so that you stay grounded and focused on what matters most—your wellbeing!
Cleansing is great way to reset your body but it doesn't come without its challenges; namely detox symptoms like headaches, nausea, skin breakouts etc.. With these 12 tips in mind - exercising regularly, getting sufficient rest & relaxation, eating foods rich in fiber & antioxidants, dry brushing, Using essential oils, and focusing on positive affirmations & self care - holistic moms everywhere will now have the tools they need at their disposal should they ever decide to embark upon a cleanse themselves! With these tools at hand there's no reason why anyone shouldn't be able to take full advantage of all that cleansing has to offer! Happy cleansing everyone!
My blogs contain some affiliate links.
Any purchase made is a blessing to my family at no extra cost to you!
Thank you for supporting us!